Let’s face it, our kids LOVE screen time! And right now with everything that is happening in the world, it is harder than ever to keep our kids from spending all their time on a screen. We have your back mom and dad! We have 5 kid approved, very entertaining activities for your kids that leave out the screen! And the BEST part is, the activities require little to no parent involvement….so enjoy some free time yourself!
5 Screen-Free Kid Activities
- PODCAST – Put on a podcast and turn up the volume. These podcasts are certain to grab your kiddos attention! While they are listening, go check off some items on YOUR to-do list!
- Smash Boom Best – My kids favorite podcast! A battle between two fierce items that kids can vote on who is the BEST!!
- Brains On! Science Podcast for Kids – Fascinating stories around science.
- Camp Monsters – Camping stories brought to you through REI. WARNING: Though these are great camping stories you might want to preview them before letting your kids listen. My 9 year old was scared by some stories, while my 7 year old enjoyed them all.
- Story Pirates – Do your kids love pirates? Do your kids love stories of adventure? This is such a fun podcast with great stories!!
- Little Stories For Tiny People – Great stories for the littles in your life!
- What If World – what a creative podcast that answers all your kids questions of “what if…..”
- KIDS HUB – Let someone else teach your kids to draw. They range from simple to more complicated. My kids will sit for hours drawing one picture after another. Maybe even buy a few white poster board papers and have your child draw an entire scene! It could take them days to complete!!!!
- TOOTHPICKS AND GUMDROPS – Who knew toothpicks and gumdrops could be so entertaining! Throw a huge pile of both on a table and tell your kids to build something. They can be taken apart and rebuilt over and over again!
- ICE CUBE GUMMY BEARS – Throw some gummy bears in an ice tray, fill with water and freeze. Give each child a bowl of warm water and a spoon and let them one at a time unfreeze the gummy bear. Of course, they can also eat them!! It can take several minutes per ice cube!! 12 ice cubes X 4 minutes……time for you mama!
- BAKING SODA AND VINEGAR – OK, this one can be messy. If cleaning up a mess is just too much right now, you might want to skip this one. Cover a cookie sheet with baking soda and make colored vinegar in several bowls (use food coloring). Kids can use spoons or eye droppers to place the vinegar on the baking soda. MAGIC!!!!!
Let’s Have Some Fun
It’s hard to keep our kids entertained without a screen, but we hope these activities help them have some fun playing without the screens!
Do you have a great kid approved activity! We would love to hear about it. Leave a comment below.