There is something truly wonderful about picking your own food. And then add in picking your own food out under our warm, California sun and the cool breeze from the ocean….MAGIC! I know not everyone has an entire week off for Spring Break to leave, even for a day trip. So I thought I would share the next best thing. The opportunity to enjoy a few hours of peace and beauty and fun. How about picking blueberries at Gerry Ranch.
6 Reasons You Need to Visit Gerry Ranch
My family recently went to Gerry Ranch to pick blueberries. It was our very first time and I will give away the ending…my family LOVED it and will be going back quite frequently! Here are my top 6 reasons why spending a few hours at Gerry Ranch can help tame the FOMO with Spring Break!
- A SLOWER PACE! You will find it hard not to enjoy yourself and be forced to slow down here! It is wonderful being surrounded by trees and mountains and row after row of the most incredible blueberry bushes. You will find yourself breathing in the clean air and a contagious smile spreading across your face.
- IT’S AFFORDABLE! You won’t break the bank on this trip. For $16 you can fill an ENTIRE bucket with blueberries. I have 3 kids and we let them at it and allowed them to pick as many as they wanted. They spent so much time searching and analyzing each berry to find the perfect one; that they never got around to filling a whole bucket. Although, the blueberries are so delicious you should definitely try to fill one.
- EVERYONE LOVES IT! This is a great activity that can be enjoyed by the whole family. It doesn’t matter if you have teeny, tiny littles or teenagers, this activity can be enjoyed by all.
- OH THE BEAUTY! Being surrounded by such beauty and the simple act of picking blueberries may cause you to feel like you are far, far away from your everyday life. For a few hours, you and your family can pretend you did get away for a Spring Break trip!
- EVEN MORE FUN! The fun doesn’t have to end when you leave. The great thing is you will probably leave with more blueberries than you know what to do with. So ahead of time, make a plan. Together as a family, find some recipes you will try with all those scrumptious blueberries you will pick. Will you make a blueberry pie? Maybe some ice cream? Be creative and don’t be afraid to try something new. You might just find a new favorite!
- LET’S DO AGAIN! Last but not least, you can go back several times during Spring Break!
Are You Blue for Blueberries?!
I hope your family has as much fun as my family had picking blueberries at Gerry Ranch! It was our first time, but we all have decided it is now one of our family’s traditions! We just need to figure out how to not eat all the blueberries before we have the chance to make something with them!