The Ventura County Mom Collective writing team is growing and we are hosting an open call for contributors! We are looking for fresh, local voices who are passionate about motherhood in and around Ventura County and interested in sharing their stories! We are committed to creating a community where ALL moms feel welcomed at the table.
Is YOUR voice missing on the team?
If you want to be a part of this dynamic community of writers, share your perspective on motherhood (the good, the bad and the very real!), and what you love about living in Ventura County. Then, complete the form now to be a part of the team of VCMC contributors!
This is a volunteer position, but there can be some really fun perks to make it all worthwhile. Note: you do NOT have to be a blogger to apply! We are simply looking for local moms who LOVE TO WRITE, have a passion for motherhood and their community, and are looking for a fun way to connect!
Want to know more about being a Contributing Writer?
We so appreciate that you would consider sharing your thoughts, experience, and inspiration to Ventura County Mom Collective readers! Before you think more on the opportunity, please read the following guidelines and feel free to contact us with any questions.
- Think LOCAL: We love to keep all of our content relevant to the Ventura County area… or at least within driving distance for day trips and outings. Blog posts can feature places to go and things to do while more general topics (feeding, potty training, DIY) can be given a local twist simply because they are written by a local mom—YOU!
- Think MOMS: It may sound obvious, but VCMC’s target audience is made up of moms, so it only makes sense that our content remains under the broad category of parenting, within which you have a ton of subtopics to choose from. For instance, the experience of being a mom, stages and phases of development, tips and tricks, home management strategies specific to moms, and of course, all the locally-focused ideas mentioned earlier. At the end of the day though, we are all moms just trying to make our lives a little bit more enjoyable. If you have an idea that interests you and your friends, then our readers would probably love to read about it too!
- Think CONNECTIONS: We encourage you to think critically about ways to engage your audience. Try to include clever and catchy post titles that draw people in or spark curiosity, and give your readers a reason to comment by asking questions.
- Most Importantly: Write what you love, and love what you write!
Who we are looking for….
Ventura County is a vibrant place with so many amazing parenting styles and cultural, ethnic, and racial backgrounds represented and we would love to continue to build a team that mirrors the diversity of our community. With that in mind, the writers we are looking for are:
- Moms in Ventura County who have a passion for motherhood, our county, and enjoy writing.
- Women with a sense of humor and zest for life.
- Diverse women who represent the demographics of our community.
- Moms of children of all ages, from infants to college-age and beyond.
What you GIVE….
- At least one original post per month or two microblogs per month that fits within the brand and mission of Ventura County Mom Collective.
- An active presence on social media. Facebook is required.
- A minimum of a six-month commitment.
- Availability for occasional contributor gatherings (virtually or in person).
- A passion for moms, kids, and the Ventura County area.
- Reliability, team spirit, flexibility, and a great attitude!
What you GET…
- Your photo and bio on Ventura County Mom Collective’ Contributor Page (with links to your personal blog and/or social media handles if you choose to share them).
- Access to the VCMC Contributors private Facebook group and other internal communications and resources.
- Information and professional development in the areas of writing, blogging, SEO, social media, and event management.
- Access to discounted tickets to upcomingVCMC events
- New friendships and an amazing opportunity to do something great for moms in our community!
So what next?
- Fill out the call for contributors application form – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fz_AvKXzOOglQkDWpPsAd9UbWXeCG6oMp7Cf72jdt_Q/edit
- Watch for updates via email as we bury ourselves in all of your content. All ongoing updates will be sent by email as well!